SEC. 3202. PURPOSE.
The purpose of this part is to help ensure that limited English proficient children master English and meet the same rigorous standards for academic achievement as all children are expected to meet, including meeting challenging State academic content and student academic achievement standards by —
(1) promoting systemic improvement and reform of, and developing accountability systems for, educational programs serving limited English proficient children;
(2) developing language skills and multicultural understanding;
(3) developing the English proficiency of limited English proficient children and, to the extent possible, the native language skills of such children;
(4) providing similar assistance to Native Americans with certain modifications relative to the unique status of Native American languages under Federal law;
(5) developing data collection and dissemination, research, materials, and technical assistance that are focused on school improvement for limited English proficient children; and
(6) developing programs that strengthen and improve the professional training of educational personnel who work with limited English proficient children.