SEC. 3225. INSTRUCTION MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT.
- (a) IN GENERAL- The Secretary may make grants for the development, publication, and dissemination of high-quality instruction materials —
- (1) in Native American languages (including Native Hawaiian languages and the language of Native American Pacific Islanders), and the language of natives of the outlying areas, for which instruction materials are not readily available; and
- (2) in other low-incidence languages in the United States for which instruction materials are not readily available.
- (b) PRIORITY- In making the grants, the Secretary shall give priority to applicants for the grants who propose —
- (1) to develop instruction materials in languages indigenous to the United States or the outlying areas; and
- (2) to develop and evaluate materials, in collaboration with entities carrying out activities assisted under subpart 1 and this subpart, that are consistent with challenging State academic content and student academic achievement standards.